Here's an easy and fun way to wrap a birthday gift... make your own piñata gift wrap!
Here's what you need:
- tissue paper in different colours
- scissors (I used herb chopping scissors with multiple blades, but you can use plain scissors)
- glue stick
- kids kraft paper or butchers paper
Here's how to do it:
- cut your tissue paper into strips. You can make them as wide as you want depending on how deep you want your fringing to be
- Fringe your tissue paper by cutting strokes the entire length of each tissue paper strip. To save time, you can cut 2-4 at a time, but I wouldn't recommend cutting anymore as your paper layers will slide causing many wonky fringe cuts.
- Once you have a stack of tissue paper fringes, layout your base paper (work out how much you need to wrap your gift prior) and glue a line of glue at the top of the base paper. Take your first strip of fringe tissue paper with the fringing facing up and stick it down onto the paper.
- Now continue with alternating coloured fringing, gluing as you go and slowly making your way down the base paper with each strip of fringing you stick down.
- Let it dry and use some double-sided tape on the underneath edges of your paper to wrap your gift and make it stick as regular sticky tape or washi tape won't hold the paper due to the fringing.
Enjoy and I'd love to hear if you make this!