So when I was planning the decorations for my daughter's recent first birthday party, I started making tissue paper flowers. I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with them, but I knew that they would have a place within the overall confetti theme.
But it wasn't until I found some jumbo length straws in a two dollar shop that I got an idea. An idea for a fantastic straw and paper garland. Here's how to make a paper garland in 5 simple (colourful) steps...
- make a bunch of tissue paper flowers in different colours
- cut up straws in varying lengths
- gather some bakers twine or string
- collect cupcake cases in different colours
- now string them all together varying straws, paper flowers and cupcake cases as you go